Heritage. It's a beautiful thought. Solange stands in the kitchen next to me. She prepares a nice fruit salad: grapes, berries, bananas. I cut some fruit for her sisters and myself: mango, apple, kiwi. Their cousin sleeps.
''There must be others, mum, in the family with allergies. Did you ever study the family tree for more details about food allergies mum?''
I reply that her grandmother is seriously allergic for wasps ....
'Yeah, but that's not food related mum'.
'True'.
In the book about Solange, one chapter will be dedicated to the aspect of heritage and familiarities in allergies through generations. As far as I can lay my hand on these kind of information sources. Most of the time the answers from in laws and parents are rather neglectful in any direction of illness and heritage. Are there any family secrets? Is there something to discover? It's interesting to notice that if you deal with health issues there is often some mystery. I like to demystify. Pointing out the positive side of every story related to any allergy and focusing on the simple golden rules.






No comments:
Post a Comment